Thursday, April 30, 2015

Where am I and WHY??!

Sorry it took so long (14 hours) to post an update of where I am HERE and why?

I went to SLC for a kidney biopsy as an outpatient. Recovery was to be ONLY 4 hours; instead, I was admitted and stayed overnight so they could keep and eye on me.

Back to the biopsy... My doc and their coordinator were NOT on the same page. UGH!

One said ultrasound not a good idea because of weight (too heavy) and most likely they wouldn't be able to see kidneys. Sooo... They both agreed to having both scans would be done before ana after the procedure but the doc 'running the show' only performed ultrasound.

I came home Friday, went to dialysis, which was extremely painful more than other days, hurt so bad and I started experiencing shortness of breath.

I went to the ER and REQUESTED a CT Scan but the ER doc looked at me like, "Uhhh... I call the shots here!". To ultrasound I went. Ugh! Long story short (yeahhh, you're too late for that), I got sent home but I told my brother Sega I know there's something wrong with me and his reply:

"You like get admitted? You just let me know and I'll MAKE them admit you!!!" Sure... Just have both of us admitted to County Jail.

I was SO HAPPY I was admitted early Monday morning because (1) find out what's wrong with me and (2) give my ❤Mom❤ a break!!!

My feelings of hope quickly changed when I got wheeled to 7th floor for Cancer patients, I had a fever of 102+° AND they couldn't find a vein after like 12 tries. WTHeck??! They finally decided then that it was time to order a picc line put in. Really guys?! Well she hardly numbed my arm so I FELT EVERYTHING!!! Mind you, I'm screaming, kicking, crying...

What is a picc line?



I went straight to in-hospital dialysis and, just my luck, my fever was rising and my port/catheter didn't want to work.

Sooo they removed my dialysis port/catheter because my doc says he doesn't want to take chances of being an infection and I fall into septic shock. I also went to do a CT Scan - yessss, a voice of reason. Thank you Dr. Epicc!!!

Welp! Guess what??? The ct scan showed that my kidneys are bleeding😢

Today's list of things to do (none of 'em are from My Bucket List LOL):
• Surgery 1 (revising fistula)
• Surgery 2: kidney biopsy
• Dialysis port/catheter replacement
• Blood transfusion
Hope these things will just fly by!!

Hoping I get out of here fast but not without making absolutely sure I'm 💯percent sure that I feel better than when I came.

Thank you for your prayers & your love. God bless😁

Love & Aloha,
Faga

No comments:

Post a Comment