Sunday, January 22, 2012

Family History with the Hunkins and Vakapunas



Aloha!

Sorry I didn't get a chance to post yesterday (Sat. January 21, 2012) because I was kind of busy.  I woke up just in time to catch a ride to the Family History Center:)  While there dad and I helped Sis. Hina Hunkin and the Vakapuna's.  It was awesome to get to meet Fui and Leonne - they are a very nice couple.

Fui has ties to the King of Tonga and to Malietoa.  WOW!  Upon comparing the records he had with the records available on the site, we noticed there were many inconsistencies with what he had written on his record.  A bit frustrated, we attempted to make things right according to his record.  It ended being a lot of work because of the numerous duplications so I decided it was time to take a break!  I called Sis. Lini Havea, our FHC Director for suggestions.  She said, "What you are looking for is in the locked closet."  We didn't have the key at the time.

Usually, when I get to this point, I get the patron to work on something different just to set their minds at ease.  The one thing we don't want to do is let [the Spirit of] Elijah go.  The one thing I know that will keep them occupied and still more interested in "the work" is to add family information to their Personal Ancestral File (PAF) offline.  This worked well;)

At the closing of our session, mom arrived and unlocked the closet with the records.  To our suprise, and Fui's excitement, the information that Fui had been looking for was there.  In fact, the very first page he turned to listed the names of those we were working on earlier.  We have seen WONDERS in our Family History Center:

"The dead know where their records are, so you are to search until you have gone as far as you can."  Melvin J. Ballard

Family History is a VERY important work.

1 comment:

R!$$@ said...

Awesome. I really need to get on top of that.

Post a Comment