Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Aloha! I know it's been some time since I last posted but I'm still alive LOL. Yes, I haven't gone anywhere except for the nursing facility. WHAT? Yeah, on the 4th of July, a nurse left me in the bathroom and I tried to reach for the call light, fell and broke BOTH ankles. I know, ouch! I've been in this nursing facility for over four weeks. The worst part about it is, I can't bear weight at all on either foot so it looks like I'll be here another 3 months total recovering from surgery and getting physical and occupational therapy. I really miss my house but I know I need to recover fully at 100% or I'll end up right back here again.

I've been keeping up with my dialysis treatments. I can't believe it. But they actually take me every other day and my driver is the bomb! He always tries to encourage me to keep going which has probably saved my life because Lord knows I wanted to give up a long time ago.

Since coming here, I've read A LOT! I actually love reading and have learned a lot. I've started another business since coming here because of the books I've read. My #sidehustle: credit repair is going well. I did a giveaway for free credit repair last month and becausse of it, I have 60 new customers. I have my work cut out for me in here so it keeps me really busy. Also, it's almost football and volleyball season and you know what that means?! Designs, printing and good profit! Everyone wants a customized tshirt for their child:)

I've also started this thing called 'Mornings with God' (thanks to Pinterest) where I spend the first 30-60 minutes of my day doing spiritual stuff. It has been amazing thus far because I feel closer to my Heavenly Father and those I pray for. Yes, I choose 5 random people to pray for. I check my facebook feed and the first 5 people to pop up, get a prayer for their entire family. LOL It actually feels great to be able to focus and pray for others. Here's what I do every morning in case you want to start:

  • Opening song (LDS Hymn or Primary Song -- downloaded app)
  • Prayer 
    • Pray for 5 people
  • Scripture Reading
    • I read in English first then in Samoan out loud
  • Daily Inspiration - a quote or Ensign article
  • Journal Writing - 10 minutes
And that's it! Believe it or not, I actually feel so much calmer and grateful for all I'm blessed with. I feel "in tune" with my Father in Heaven. Hope it works for you!

Althogh I'm not feeling 100% today, I'm trying to stay positive because once I start feeling sorry for myself, it's over. Haha. I hope to feel better tomorrow especially since I have dialysis then physical and occupational therapy afterwards.

Life is hard but giving up, for me, is not an option! There's so much to live for. I love my life. And I know that I've been reserved to share the Light and Love our Father in Heaven has for each of us.

Have a great evening, all.

Much love and aloha

No comments:

Post a Comment