I, VERY UNLIKE like dear mother who can do everything at the same time and nurse kids back to health, do not like to bake! I mean I do but I hate all the steps before the actual placing in the oven and pressing BAKE(: It's just too much labor, thinking, and patience of which I have none. Anywho, here's a semi-homemade version of panipopo - tastes soooo good, almost like the real thing baby!
Mom's authentic panipopo
Semi-Homemade Recipe
Ingredients:
- 1 package Rhode's warm and serve rolls
- 2 can coconut milk
- 2 c water
- 2 blocks Imperial margarine (uh-huh;)) 1 for before and 1 for after baking
- sugar to taste (add lots but taste it as you go)
- cornstarch slurry: 2-3 heaping T of cornstarch to 1 c water
Directions:
Purchase your rolls early a day ahead from your grocer's freezer. Butter the bottom of the pan you want to bake in with one block butter. Place frozen rolls in pan to thaw for 5 hours. Rolls will rise and get bigger.
In a sauce pan, heat coconut milk and water to a rolling boil. Turn heat down and add cornstarch slurry. Stir until sauce is thick. Pour 3/4 of the sauce in pan over the rolls. Bake at 350 until golden brown.
When ready, SMOTHER tops of rolls with another block of butter and pour the remaining sauce over the rolls and butter. Yum!!!
Here's a reminder of how your lovelies will turn out... YUMMY!!!
Hope your recipe turns out and that you EAT THAT PANIPOPO... all of it! Don't share it! Today, you deserve your own pan of panipopo(:
I ♥ You!
Faga




No comments:
Post a Comment