Monday, December 5, 2011

Kids {& I} Need to Eat & Live Healthier



I blame myself for Bubbi and Pepe's intake because I am with Bubbi especially most of the time.  He usually eats and drinks what I do and most of the day, we're laying around watching Netflix on my computer.  When his mom calls him to exercise with her, he complains of having a headache and a hard time breathing.  My kind of exercise partner.  But seriously, my kids and I HAVE TO eat and live healthier.

I feel I am the one to blame for all their "junk" intake.  Why is that Polynesians (yes, they do) feel the only way to show love to their child is to feed him/her with junk food and soda, etc.  Back in my day, I always envied my Tongan classmates eating their big packages of chips and cookies.  I know I need to stop!



Who do I suppose we will do this?

Well, tomorrow is Monday and ev1 knows that Mondays are "start my diet" days except we won't call it a diet or we will fail by lunchtime.  We are definitely going to eat breakfast.  That's it?  It's a start.  Many people start their day without eating breakfast.  With Jenalei's schedule, she really needs to eat a hearty breakfast!  We will eat oatmeal, boiled eggs, and a piece of fruit before she leaves for a FULL day of school and activities.  Kids now days are super busy.  Once Peps leaves home, it's like she goes to work from 8a-5p.

We will try to eat more veggies and fruits, and add an exercise.  At least Bubbi and I will attempt to do this tomorrow.  My Bubbi is getting puka (fatso) and I feel guilty for leading him down the same path I have traveled.  I hope for the best for both of us!

Happy Monday all!

No comments:

Post a Comment