I am super excited to try a new recipe I found for rice cake. This is one of my favorite sweets at Sam Store in Laie. I can eat oodles and oodles of this with diet pepsi! Mmmm.... can't wait to try it! I've missed this the most simply because I don't get it here. Post a picture and comment if you make it before me. TIA
Pak Tong Koh
(Chinese Steamed Rice Cake)
Ingredients:
170g rice flour (sifted)= 1 cup
150g white sugar= 3/4 cup
360ml water= 1 1/2
3/4 tsp instant yeast
1 tbsp warm water
Methods:
Combine the instant yeast with warm water in a small bowl and allow it to ferment for about 5-10 minutes (until you see a lot of bubbles).
In meantime, combine rice flour with sugar and water and stir until it’s well mixed.
Cook the rice flour mixture over low heat, keep stirring constantly till the mixture is slightly thicken (should be less than 5 minutes).
Strain the mixture into a big mixing bowl then let it cool in a basin of water then add in the yeast mixture and stir well.
Cover the mixture with clingwrap and set aside in a warm place for about 2 hours or more until you see a lot of bubbles on the surface.
Pour the mixture into a lightly grease 7″ square baking tin and steam over high heat for about 25 minutes.
Let it cool before cutting into serving pieces.
Recipe and photo found here
Good luck!

No comments:
Post a Comment