Wednesday, August 31, 2011

New Month... New Bod'?

Ha!  That's right ladies and gentlemen, I've been contemplating a new life and new body.  Okay, well not a whole new body but one that works!  As most of you know, I've been fighting this horrible monster called diabetes, which I would NEVER wish on my worst enemy (if I had one;).  I have been in and out of the hospital now more than ever due to complications.  I am ready for a change.

Dr. Pien, probably the best doctor at Straub in Honolulu, Hawaii, told me right when I woke up from diabetic coma #1 that I should get the Gastric Bypass done IMMEDIATELY!  You can imagine the horror I felt just waking up (thanking God to be alive) only for this JERK, and I do mean JERK, to say for me to go back "there" (outer darkness).  I tried everything I could for the next two years to stay out of the hospital, in fact, I was so scared that I was able to drop 300lbs. with diet (fish/chicken and veggies ONLY) and exercise (swimming religiously in our pool).  I could not believe how afraid I was to go under the knife. and I sure as hell wasn't going to let him win; a bastard with ZERO bedside manners.


Left: at heaviest 600lbs.
Right: at 450lbs.

I should have listened.  That's all I got to say.  I should have listened, afraid or not, because 10 years later my life has been a living hell!  I have plateaued at 300-350lbs. and my diabetes has worsened in every way possible.  My life is confined to my dark room, on my computer, wishing everyday that I had listened to him.  I cannot play with my nieces and nephews whom I love!  I can't enjoy an entire evening with friends because it's so uncomfortable.  My last hospital stay was only seven days ago and I thought it was my last-- I caught a virus that caused my blood pressure to drop to almost nothing, I was dehydrated, and I had a fever of 105 degrees.

Why the sudden change of heart?  The P.A. (physician's assistant) working in the ER that day, "You need weight loss surgery!  You are going to die and SOON!  Your body is sick; your organs are shot because you can't control your diabetes!!!  It's the one thing that will save your life!  It is the ONLY cure for diabetes!"

At first, I sure wanted to tell him where to go and where to stick his P.A. degree.  "You don't talk to me that way, you're just a P.A.!  (A Punk Ass mofo'!)"  Well it wasn't 'til I was released that I had realized HE WAS RIGHT!  I have tried every pill, insulin, vitamin, drink, you name it, I've done it and I still suffer!

Long story short... haha, I'm in the process of getting things done.  I went to my first appointment a week ago and tomorrow is a 4-hour testing and screening to see if I can handle the surgery.  No matter what, I'm going to do it; gastric bypass or sleeve, I'm going to DO IT!

I just wanted to write about my new and upcoming adventure... WATCH OUT NOW!!!

Thanks for reading!  Advice, suggestions, well wishes, etc. are GREATLY appreciated!

I'll update you on tomorrow's appointment in the evening.  I pray it works out for me... it has to.  I'm all out of chances.  Take care and God bless!

Love, Faga

1 comment:

Myrn Photography said...

You can do it Faga!!!!! I love you!!! Supermodel status here you come!! Yaaaaaay!!!

Post a Comment