I am going to share with you my FAVORITE recipe of all time but your can't share it with anyone else. LOL, yes this blog is public:)
My Teriyaki Recipe
This is my absolute favorite sauce recipe when it comes to grilling pork or beef. After many years of making teriyaki, I have to say I finally found the CORRECT cut of meat. You should under cook it but make sure it's cooked especially if you're grilling pork. Beef can be just cooked - it keeps it tender and if you put all your cooked meats in a pot with a lid, it will keep cooking and you'll be fine:)
- 5lbs. boneless chuck roast, 1/8"-1/4" thick slices
- 2 c Aloha Shoyu
- 2 c sugar
- 3 c water (more if you want less taste and less if you want strong taste)
- 5 T rice wine vinegar
- 3 pc ginger (spoon off all skin and mince - I grate it inside to let juice fall in)
- 5 green onion, chopped
Mix everything well, add chuck roast, place in zip-loc and refrigerate 4-6 hours. It's best to marinate over night but if you're pressed for time, a few hours is good.
The trick to making good teriyaki: grill, fry with oil, or bake but BE SURE TO BASTE all the time with a raw piece making absolutely sure to flip it over and cook sauce well before taking off heat. So ono:)

No comments:
Post a Comment