Monday, July 15, 2013

Long Road to Recovery But I'm Back!!!

A lot of my friends and people in my ward have asked me where I've been; if I've been out of town, or if I've been sick.  Truth of the matter is, I had a severe sickness that left me down and out.  


After a few scary trips to the ER, I was diagnosed with Shingles.

 Shingles is a painful skin rash. It is caused by the varicella zoster virus. Shingles usually appears in a band, a strip, or a small area on one side of the face or body. It is also called herpes zoster.

Shingles is most common in older adults and people who have weak immune systems because of stress, injury, certain medicines, or other reasons. Most people who get shingles will get better and will not get it again. [Read more...]

The ER Doc prescribed me an antiviral medication (which made it worse) and pain meds (which made me act in a very unusual, uncomfortable for my family, way) so I stopped both.  But... I didn't want to go through this and have my family suffer that long.  The doc said it would last at least 2 months.  What was I going to do?

Well, I did what any essential oil junkie would do, start a regimen asap!



In place of the antiviral medication, I did some extensive research and found the following oils to be VERY helpful:

  • On Guard - antiviral and helped with my immune system,
  • Melaleuca - antiviral, for skin, among other things,
  • Oregano - antiviral and very hot but works very well
  • Lemon - helped with energy
  • I took 3 d of each in a 00 vegetable capsule
  • I also placed about 15-18 drops of each in a small spritz bottle with fco as a spray for the bottoms of my feet 3X a day.  This is why I healed faster than normal.
For pain and skin-itching, I made a spritz consisting of:
  • Melaleuca - healed wounds fast
  • Lavender - skin irritation
  • Breathe - I didn't have Laurel but it worked just as well as cooling the skin
  • Frankincense - when in doubt, use it
  • Fractionated Coconut Oil - dilute oils and keep skin moist.  Worked like a charm
I was also on the LifeLong Vitality Pack (vitamins) which I'm sure helped keep me awake most of the time and sped up the healing.

I drank a lot of water with Lemon oil.

I also made an anti-viral spray for my room, bathroom, tub, and one for the house:
  • 16oz amber glass bottle + spray top from AromaTools
  • 1 1/2 distilled water (50 cents)
  • 40-50 drops of On Guard doTERRA essential oil
  • Shake well before use
  • Can also use as hand-sanitizer
I also diffused On Guard in my diffuser.  I switched it out with Lemon to purify the air, and then Wild Orange & Peppermint to keep from feeling depressed while in the house for so long - it worked! (:

Shingles, my doctor said, would last from a month and a half to 2 months.  My shingles lasted a record time of 2-3 weeks.  Because I teach Primary, I thought I'd stay far away 'til my doc cleared me.  I didn't want to take a chance at spreading it, especially to my pregnant sister and nieces and nephews:(

I can honestly say that my testimony on Essential Oils has grown.  I believe the oils work!  I can tell and see the difference between prescribed meds and eos.

I did take a few pictures but I'd rather not share them.  Sorry:(

Thanks for ready and HAPPY OILING:)

Faga


PS: The funny thing about shingles is you think you can scratch it but you can't.  Because it's an illness onset by low immune, STRESS, and affects your nerves.  The only thing to do to avoid nerve-pain/-itching was to keep absolutely calm and free of stress!!!  Be sure that if you do get shingles, soothe pain by rubbing from the spine outward to the nerves in my arm.  I think this is why we all thought I was having a heart attack - pain shooting down my arm, the ER folks, was a sign of a heart attack.


No comments:

Post a Comment