Huh, who'da thought that I'd be so interested and excited about sharing my recipes? I really LOVE to cook, I love to see the smiles of the people I feed. I used to cook recipes from scratch but because I can stand at most 3 minutes, I had to think of another solution-- same ono results in LESS cooking time! This is why I've had to come up with semi-homemade (okay, half-a$$) recipes! But they come out ONO so no complaint. I wanted to share a funny clip from my one of my favorite comics outta Hawaii... my inspiration for cooking (and drinking)! HA! Just kidding y'all!!!
Since I'm in the mood of sharing my semi-homemade recipes, here's my absolute FAVORITE one! Just a little info about how I came to LOVE coco-puffs. (Oh yes!) Riding into town with mom and dad became a daily ritual. I would have a Dr.'s appointment almost everyday at Straub Hospital in Honolulu on King Street.
On our way back to Laie, we would stop at Liliha Bakery (above) where we would order a dozen, or two, or four of these bad boys for our long trip. There is nothing like it, I tell ya, it's sweet, buttery, and cold on a hot summer day.
This is their version.
I am going to tell you how to make my version. Remember, I'm all about semi-homemade so this is going to be super-fast! Don't blink, you'll miss it! Now I've tasted the ones from Vegas and I thank everyone who's ever bought some for me from there but mine blows, no BLOWS, the competition away! There I go toot-ing my own horn. Oh but you will too, once you taste these. You'll blow MY horn, not yours! Bwaaahaha, just kidding!
Here's the recipe (I will give you the short version then a link to the LONG version):
Choux/Cream puff:
Where ever you go in the U.S., you can almost always find a bakery! Walk in and order empty shells. You usually have to order a day or two in advance. Here are mine. Cut in half lengthwise. Notice how they're in a huge bakery box? Yeah, I don't usually carry those in my home so that's proof that I DID NOT MAKE THEM MYSELF. lol. Here's the make-it-yourself version!
Chocolate Custard
Yeah right! Jell-o Instant Chocolate Pudding IS chocolate custard! (To me, at least!)
Chantilly Frosting
You can find my Chantilly Frosting recipe here. Be sure to prepare 24 hours prior to serving for BEST results!!! You will also need chopped macadamia nuts. "WHAT? But we're not in Hawaii!" you may be asking yourself. Hey, I'm not either. WalMart sells their brand of macadamia nuts without the Hawaii name.
Assembly:
- Cut cream puffs lengthwise so there's a top and a bottom piece
- Fill bottom layer with your Chocolate Custard (HA!)
- Add top piece of cream puff on the pudding
- Add a HUGE dollop of Chantilly Frosting
- Top your concoction with chopped macadamia nuts (Liliha Bakery does not put macadamia nuts on their coco-puffs, but doesn't it just sound like the RIGHT thing to do? Yes PLEASE!!!)
- You SHOULD refrigerate for an hour or two before serving
Voila! Bon Appetit!
Should you decide to try this recipe, please post your pictures and comments! I'd LOVE to hear from you!!!
Thank you for reading,
♥ Faga





1 comment:
omg Im gonna try these!!! THANKS FAGA!!!
Post a Comment