Friday, September 9, 2011
Yesterday Was A GOOD Day...
I have writer's block! If I don't have something to go on, I can't write. It's not in me to just sit and write. In fact, I've stopped writing in my journal because of this problem. How sad is this? My children will never know what happened for five years of their mother's, grandmother's life. "Oh stop dramatizing EVERYTHING!" mom tells me a lot:) Thanks ma!
So... in response to dear friend, Oreta Mapu Tupola's facebook status, "Today was a grrreeeaaat day... share some great things that went well for you...", I will share a few GREAT things that happened to me yesterday. (Day of the post)
Some of the great things that went well for me was I woke up! This is always a HUGE plus for me. Really, it is! I went to the library with my sister - another good, GOOD thing. We hardly ever spend time together:( I got to treat my niece Jenalei to Del Taco after school, I scored Garnier Fructis for $1.29 each and got $10 back to spend another time. (Rite Aid, you rock!) Close family friend, Mili Atuaia Galea'i, brought over dinner last night. It was thee best chicken katsu ever! She was so sweet to do that. And she thanked me for my "Finding Balance" post. I'm glad someone's reading my blog:)
But the best thing that happened to me yesterday had to be when I went to return mom's textbook. Because the access code was opened, they wouldn't let me return it and she had already dropped the class. She would be out $147.00 if I couldn't return it. So you know I was boiling hot at this point! I demanded to see a supervisor. Life is a funny thing because when I was MARCHING over to let the supervisor know a piece of my mind, an older gentleman was there voicing his opinion about their policies and procedures.
The person helping him ran to the back of the bookstore, grabbed a book, and ran back. Well, I just happened to glance at the book and it was the same book I was trying to return. I asked him, "Are you wanting to buy this book?" He said "YES!" It was the book he was after, he already had an access code and they wouldn't sell it to him. It would take 10 days for it to be shipped. By then the poor man wouldn't need it because he would've flunked the class.
I told him that I couldn't return the textbook because the access code had been accessed. Quickly, I made them price the book without the access code and it was $110. He said he had $100 on him and I screamed at the top of my lungs, "SOLD!" The bookstore wasn't too thrilled about that and asked us to leave and continue our transaction outside. We did. He was ecstatic and so was I we almost hugged:)
I told mom what had happened, well "MY" version of it: "if it weren't for ME, I made the sale, I was there at the right time, I, I, I..." Mom stopped me, of course, and calmly said, "The Lord works in mysterious ways. We are so blessed - He knows what we need."
I thought, "WHAT?" and then, "Oh yeah. [Ahem]" I will never forget these very important teaching moments when mom gently grabs on to my hair with both hands and throws me down to earth. Sometimes, she's WAY too real for me... THANKS MA!
And thanks Oreta for giving me something to share with my WONDERFUL readers! Will try to post something [of good nature] today:)
Happy ALOHA Friday y'all...
Love, Faga

No comments:
Post a Comment